Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Beginning.

Since I began the 1300 mile trip back from South Padre Island, Texas in 2008, I have been seriously thinking as to how I could impact the world to make a difference. The answer has been overwhelmingly to write a blog and share my experiences with the world. They won't be in chronological order. In fact they won't be in any particular order. I have made many poor choices in my life and I am hoping that if even one person will read my blog and it impacts them to make better choices then I have succeeded in making the world a much better place than when I began.

First I will begin by introducing myself and sharing the basic facts of my life which brought me to this point. I am a 38-year-old mother of two teenage children, a fosterchild, and grandmother of one with another on the way. I am married to a wonderful man named Tony who is full of life and inspiration. I was going to college but had to stop last Fall due to a strange medical illness that still isn't resolved. I have had at least 20 different jobs in my life and none of them have been kept for more than two years consecutively. I have been married three times and been in more "serious" relationships than any one person should ever have to deal with. I have used drugs and alcohol. I have lied, cheated, and stole. I have "come to Jesus" and then ran from church as fast as I could. For a 38, I have done more in my lifetime than most 80 year olds ever dreamed of. Somethings I am quite proud of while others I hang my head in shame. I have recomitted to my relationship with God and am going to do the best I can to serve him with my devotional blog called God's Insight for Daily Living.

Although I am not perfect I believe that I have changed my life enough for the good that hopefully someone out there will take what I have to say and allow it to impact their life. Through others we can learn and prevent bad choices, through experience we face the consequeces of what others have already warned. As I reflect upon my choices and trust God that I am where I am supposed to be for a reason, I welcome your responses to my blog and you may email me at Countreefly@gmail.com . Please put Wyndolyn's Blog in the subject line so I don't mistake it for junk mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment