Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Worry and its Hold

Daily Reading: Matthew 6:25-34

Every day I worry about my family.  My boys go off to school and I worry they won't have a good day.  I worry My daughter won't feed my granddaughter enough, or she will get diaper rash.  I worry my daughter won't find GOD.  I worry about my husband's depression and his hatred at GOD.  I worry about my parents health and them over working on their little dream farm.  I worry, worry, worry. 

It's easy to tell someone to "Quit Worrying." It is far harder to listen to your own advice.  Every time I worry, I sin against Christ's commandment not to worry.  Looking back on my life I realize that every time I worried in the past it was for nothing.  It is easy to worry.  In worrying we are running scenarios in our minds as to what could happen, if it does happen "How will I next react", and if it doesn't happen "At least I was prepared for the worst case scenario."

All that worry wastes time and energy.  Lately I've been trying to help my dad stock up on food in case the government colapses and anarchy arises.  It has led me to learn how to make soap, can fruits & vegetables, and read about how to save seeds from vegetables to plant the next year.  I haven't worried about the collapse but in helping my dad I have grown as a person.  I gained knowledge about things I realy don't need in an age of going to the market to get anything and everything I could possibly ever want.

Something happened along this new journey to self preparedness.  I stopped worrying so much.  The busier we are the less time we have to fill our minds with worry.  When you are in rush hour traffic instead of worrying about being late focus on God.  Turn to the local Christian radio station and focus on the music or speaker, turn off the radio and just start talking to God.  You don't have to close your eyes to pray to GOD.  HE listens to you anywhere and everywhere.  Instead of praying for your wants, needs, and worries simply start Thanking HIM for all he has done in your life.  The time will fly by and you will be left feeling much better. 

When you start to worry start doing a task that takes

No comments:

Post a Comment