Friday, July 9, 2010

Which person are you?

Daily Reading: Matthew 25:31-46


I was recently in a restaurant just off an major interstate. Just after ordering a woman and two small girls came in. They explained that a 4 year old from Missouri had been kidnapped by a stranger and they asked if they could hang the missing persons sign up at the restraunt since it was so close to the interstate. Maybe someone getting off the interstate there would have saw the missing child. The woman explained that she didn't know the child but since she was travelling up the interstate she had volunteered to stop at every major exit along the way and post the flyers. The person at the counter said yes & that they would hang up the flyer. After the lady left I kept waiting for the employees to hang up the sign so I could see what the girl looked like and see if I had recognized her as I had been coming from the opposite direction. The sign was never hung up and instead of asking about it I said a prayer and went on my way. Fortunately the child was found later unharmed and the man that had kidnapped her (a complete stranger) committed suicide in front of police.


Which person are you today? Are you the woman helping a complete stranger by doing what she can. Are you the employee who says "yes" but goes no further. Are you the lost girl who hopes someone will find her and take her home? Are you me wanting to help but decide that prayer is sufficient? Are you the man who has sinned and has condemned himself to death? Or are you the police officers that went the extra mile to find the little girl and save her?


Father GOD, please help me to go all out for you and your lost sheep. Give me strength to stand for you and help others to find their way to you. In JESUS name I pray, AMEN.


Matthew 25:40 "The KING will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'


Need More? Visit Matthew 25:14-30

No comments:

Post a Comment