Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Darkest Hour

Daily Reading: Romans 13:8-14


After a long exhausting day all I want is to crawl into bed and sleep. My head hits the pillow and sleep soon overcomes. Yet just moments later I am awakened with a start. The house is silent and everything seems to be in order. Yet my body and mind seem to be wide awake with anticipation of some foreboding doom. I check the house and pray that GOD protects family, friends, and myself from the harm I am feeling.


I pray to the LORD to aid me in this time of temporary anguish of the unknown. I then turn to his word for guidance and he delivers me. I read the passage he has chosen for me. Have I done anything immoral to earn his chastisement? Have I sinned against neighbor, family, or friend rather than loving them as myself? I turn to him once more and ask him to forgive my transgressions, not only the ones that I am aware of but also those that I may have committed without realizing it. With my prayer said I am over taken with exhaustion once again. I am ready to fall into that much needed sleep once again, this time I am at peace for GOD has delivered me.

GOD is protecting, sending his angels to guard us from the unseen dangers that surround us. GOD is there holding back the darkness. GOD will not allow His children to be harmed. Although GOD is almighty He cares for each of His sheep and will protect them from the wolves that come in the night. GOD is the rock, the fortress, and the guard. When we turn to GOD, He answers our prayers and swiftly sweeps us into His loving arms.

Romans 13:12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. (NIV)


Need more? Visit Psalms 63 and 64

No comments:

Post a Comment